complaints procedure

Our Commitment to You
We aim to do our best to provide a good service, in a polite, efficient and fair way but sometimes things go wrong. When this happens we would like you to let us know, then we can try to put matters right. We take all complaints about our service very seriously and will endeavour to deal with your complaint promptly.  

To ensure that we have all the facts necessary to investigate your complaint we have a step by step procedure for you to follow. Following this procedure will enable us to expedite your complaint to a mutually satisfactory resolution. We are happy to receive a complaint from someone who is representing you.

• If you are a tenant renting accommodation you need to refer your complaint to your flat landlord in the first instance.
• This process may not cover all complaints and we reserve the right to change process and responsibilities depending on circumstances.

What this procedure doesn’t cover:
• Everyday matters such as reporting or chasing a repair;
• Accounts queries;
• Complaints by one resident about another;
• Defects in your apartment – sometimes there will be problems in your apartment that can only be resolved by the developer e.g. shrinkage cracks, unless the defect is caused by a problem within the communal areas which we have responsibility for managing.

The latter should be directed to:
Managed Living Partnerships Limited, 59 – 61, Old Kent Road, SE1 4RF; Telephone: 020 7099 1119

When to complain
• If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our service
• If we have failed to follow our own policies or procedures
• If we have failed to carry out a repair within a reasonable timeframe
• If we have not returned your calls or replied to your correspondence
• If you believe we have discriminated against you
• If you have had a problem with one of our employees

Please note: 
It may be tempting to withhold payment of your service charges. We ask that you do not take this approach as it often makes a difficult situation worse. Non payment may also be subject to interest and late payment charges.

The most effective way of resolving a problem is to give the employee involved the opportunity to discuss your dissatisfaction with you informally. Before you decide whether to make a formal complaint we therefore ask you to try to resolve the matter with the person concerned by contacting your Property Manager.  

If your problem is about your Property Manager and you are unable to discuss the matter with him/her or if you are unhappy with the way the matter was dealt with you should put your complaint in writing and send it to:  

The Directors at Managed Living Partnerships Limited, 59 – 61, Old Kent Road, SE1 4RF  

We will acknowledge receipt of your letter, email or fax within 3 working days. There will be a full investigation and you will receive a written reply within 21 days. All complaints are tracked to ensure that we adhere to this procedure.  

Complaints are often complex and if you are not entirely happy with our response you should follow Stage 2 of the procedure.

If you feel you have not received a reasonable response to your complaint under Stage 1, you can write for the attention of the Directors within 21 working days of the receipt of the response to Stage 1. The Director or a nominee in consultation with the Director will conduct a separate review of your complaint and respond to you in writing within 21 working days to inform you of the decision. Your complaint and the way it has been handled will be considered.  

Please address your letter to the Directors of Managed Living Partnerships Ltd, 59 - 61 Old Kent Road, London SE1 4RF

If the complaint is still not satisfied after the last stage of the in-house complaint procedure then he/she has the right to take the matter up with the Ombudsman Services, Property, the details of which can be found below.  

Ombudsman Services
PO Box 1021
WA4 9FE  

It is a condition of ARMA membership that we offer access to an Ombudsman Scheme if a dispute is not resolved within 8 weeks from your activation of our complaints procedure.  

Further steps would be to take the matter to Court or the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber).

< back to home page